Now that summer has officially started for me, I’m more than excited to start on my list of things to do this summer. Unlike most of my course mates, I chose not to take an internship this summer and instead moved it to my semester break which means I have a lot more time at home. Hopefully, I get to do everything this summer and still have fun
1. I have to admit I thought blogging again would spark a blast of daily blog posts but upon realizing what I really wanted my blog to achieve I started feeling stuck. There are just so many things I can write about but given that not everything can be done immediately I feel a bit pressed for time (with regards to the gap between each post). This summer, I hope I can keep up with posting on a regular basis and with sure quality. Do you feel the pro blogger in me already? Haha!
2. I most definitely need to brush up on my Photoshopping. Towards the summer before junior year, I started learning how to vector care of my good friend, Kevin. I’ve done quite a bit of work since then but I’m not exactly in the skill level I want to be in. There are a lot of things I have yet to learn like making my own typography and manipulating photos!
3. This summer I hope I get the chance to be mentored by someone for photography. As much as I love self learning, I think I need someone to evaluate me and teach me a few technical skills.
4. As I have mentioned in my previous post, my family and I are going to Hong Kong for vacation really soon. I have never been there but I’m already excited to see the streets, the people, and the fooood! I’m so excited to take pictures; I already have a few photo concepts I want to try out while I’m there. If you have suggestions of places, food, and events we should check out while we’re there, please do tell!
5. I learned December of last year that my best friend will be moving to the States to be with her mom. This is 90% of the reason why I chose not to intern this summer, because I wanted to spend more time with her before she left. We’re planning a despedida party for her and I’m very giddy about it. So far, we’re planning sky lanterns and dinner by the beach! I hope everything pushes through and she likes what we have planned. We start meeting up after I get back from Hong Kong so I’m stoked!
6. For those of you who don’t know, I play the ukulele. A few years back, I learned how to play the guitar but that didn’t go on for long. I think one of the main reasons is that I couldn’t bring it around (or even hold it properly) because it was so big. Last year, I decided to try learning a new instrument and I found the ukulele to be charming so my brother bought it for me for Christmas. I know quite a few songs but I want to get even better; probably learn tabs and not just chords, maybe? I actually want to learn how to read notes and compose songs!
7. Kevin and I are collaborating on a project that I hope we can finish or at least launch by this summer. I’m not exactly sure if I can give details about what we’re planning on doing but I really hope all of you will like it when it comes out. I have a few concepts in mind already and I’m thinking of a few more!
So that’s it! There are a few things that I wasn’t able to include such as transition seminars, planning seminars, etc with my org, a few other projects I plan on having and get togethers with my friends but I think these are the things I’m most excited about doing for the summer. I hope your summer will be just as awesome. Love, Sonya